Saturday, August 6, 2016

Falling In Love Again Series

How do I love Thee? Let me count the ways...

After a long hiatus from writing practically nothing, I realize that writing is far more than penning my thoughts; it is the essence of who I am and what I have been purposed to do. It brings me liberty like nothing else can. Every word I write, every letter I type stirs something phenomenal in me, my heart skips a beat. Simply put, writing is like new breaths from God. It is my love.

It goes without saying, that this gift...this passion, releases praises to God from my heart to His. He is the object of my love, passion, and undying commitment. When I fall away from writing, a huge vacuum is created and I am empty. I know this is because writing is a vital part of my expression of worship to God. He created me that way.

Thank you Lord, for revealing Your heart to me in this. You saw my struggle, You understood my unfallen tears, the ones suppressed by every day life. Surely You allowed the psalmist to understand my heart in his refrain, "when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I".  Ps 61:2

You alone, Lord, satisfy the longing in my soul. I am expressly committed to You in all things at all times and in all places. For a moment, I thought I'd lost You, it felt as if I'd been broken into shattered pieces, but Your Word found me...You never left me nor was I forsaken by You. Your thoughts toward me are more than can be numbered and You cause Your glorious face to shine upon me, showering me with Your goodness. It is because of Your word, Lord, that I have the hope that I do. Ps 119:49

I just wanted to say thank You, Father; because Your loving kindness is better than life, my lips will praise Thee. Ps 63:3

Be encouraged.
Live fervently in Christ.

...an expression of my heart to my Lord
Janett Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment